SABR's 19CBB Committee 19CBB@sabrgroups.orgThis 19th century base ball egroup serves the 19th Century (research) Committee of the Society for American Baseball Research. It is open to all SABR members and open to non-members as guests for three months. The co-owners are Cliff Blau - cliff(AT sign)cliffblau.com, and Erik Miklich - ddejm (AT sign) msn.com. They moderate the group only in emergencies.
The 19th Century Committee focuses on base ball from the 1840s, when the New York game was specified by the Knickerbocker Club, to 1900. Naturally, some themes concern earlier centuries; others concern events at least until the Peace of 1903. SABR's Origins Committee also shares this egroup. The Origins Committee's focus is on early bat and ball games and the development of The National Pastime up to about 1870.
- 97 Members
- 117 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of SABR.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members cannot edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.